Future in Our Hands-USA (FIOH-USA)
FIOH USA is a 501c3 organization created in response to the dire needs of the poor in Kenya. We are a small local organization with close personal relationships with the people we assist.
FIOH-USA was founded by two Buffalo natives, Michele Sprada and Sister Linda Glaeser, SSJ, who visited Kisumu, Kenya and returned with a deep yearning to do something about the poverty they had witnessed.
Since our founding in 2005, we have:
- Built wells to provide safe water for the people of Kenya
- Sponsored students to attend high school college and vocational training
- Provided monthly transportation to clinics so that HIV-positive Kenyans are able to get their anti-retroviral medications
- Funded micro-loans to empower Kenyan and Zambian women’s groups in income-generating activities
- Provided sanitary pads to female students at Kanymedha Mixed Secondary School and Usoma Primary School
- Funded an agriculture project that provides food security for rural farmers in and around Shaibila, Zambia
Through the generosity of donors, FIOH-USA is able to provide water, food, health, education and work to our brothers and sisters in Kenya and Tanzania. It is our mission to continue to serve those who need our help throughout East Africa and beyond.